Protecting children from harm: CN & GN v Poole Borough Council - Jun 2019
Jim has considerable experience of representing Interested Persons at inquests.
Jim has represented families in cases spanning a wide range of medical issues, including iatrogenic bowel injury, sepsis, dementia, the sudden death of a young woman and bronchopneumonia in an infant suffering from Noonan’s Syndrome.
He also often represents clinicians on behalf of the medical defence organisations. Recent cases have involved venous thromboembolism, neonatal deaths, a failed tracheostomy following tongue ablation surgery, and suicide.
- Patterson Inquest: represented the family of woman whose death was contributed to by medical neglect.
- Peter Maher Inquest: represented a GP who carried out a mental health assessment on the deceased. This two-week jury inquest involved complex Article 2 ECHR issues and multiple state agencies.
- TJ Pimm Inquest: Appeared for the family in an Article 2 inquest where jury found that adequate precautions were not taken to manage a young man’s suicide risk.
- XW inquest: acted for the family of Mr W, who ended his life in a Birmingham hospital.
- ED inquest: appeared on behalf of the deceased’s treating GP.
- ETF inquest: represented an orthopaedic surgeon in a complex venous thromboembolism case.
Jim Duffy and Jo Moore appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jan 2019
Jim Duffy in medical ‘neglect’ inquest - Nov 2018
Jim Duffy appears in judicial review over murder conviction - Oct 2018
Seven 1COR members in landmark Supreme Court case - Jul 2018
Jim Duffy writes about his experiences at the Paris Bar for Counsel Magazine - May 2018
Jim Duffy in Subject Access Request win for GP - Feb 2018
Gideon Barth, Jim Duffy, Lizanne Gumbel QC and Mark Wainwright running the London and Brighton Marathons - Jan 2018
Clinical negligence and the duty to disclose: full house of 1COR members in high profile Court of Appeal case - Jun 2017
Jim Duffy acts for family in suicide case where Adequate and Appropriate precautions not taken - Apr 2017
Jim Duffy in Successful Unfair Dismissal Claim - Mar 2017
UK Human Rights Blog is pick of best legal bloggers by The Times - Feb 2017
Jim Duffy in TUPE unfair dismissal win - Oct 2015
We send a team to annual charity beach volleyball tournament organised by our Brighton Chambers - Jul 2015
Jim Duffy has returned to full-time practice after a year spent in the Supreme Court - Oct 2014
1COR are delighted to announce that Lois Williams and Jim Duffy have accepted our offer of tenancy - Sep 2013