Protecting children from harm: CN & GN v Poole Borough Council - Jun 2019
Jim has significant experience of clinical negligence claims, and is regularly instructed on behalf of patients and their families as well as by healthcare trusts and medical defence organisations. He has a particular interest in consent cases and in material contribution issues.
He has also advised claimants involved in a major group litigation relating to operations carried out by the former consultant gynaecologist, Robert Jones.
- Appeared (unled) on behalf of an NHS Trust in a £1m cervical cancer claim.
- ABC v St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust: Acted as junior counsel to Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Henry Witcomb QC in the Court of Appeal.
- Junior counsel for the Defendant in a high value spinal cord injury case.
- Acted for a claimant in a cauda equina syndrome case.
- Represented an NHS Trust in defending a complex case concerning a failure to detect a cancerous lesion on the brain.
- Defended a GP accused of failing to diagnose a cerebral infarction.
- Advised the claimant on limitation in a claim relating to delayed diagnosis of skin cancer.
- Defended a dentist in a periodontal disease case.
- Advised a health trust on contribution proceedings.
Jim Duffy and Jo Moore appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jan 2019
Jim Duffy in medical ‘neglect’ inquest - Nov 2018
Jim Duffy appears in judicial review over murder conviction - Oct 2018
Seven 1COR members in landmark Supreme Court case - Jul 2018
Jim Duffy writes about his experiences at the Paris Bar for Counsel Magazine - May 2018
Jim Duffy in Subject Access Request win for GP - Feb 2018
Gideon Barth, Jim Duffy, Lizanne Gumbel QC and Mark Wainwright running the London and Brighton Marathons - Jan 2018
Clinical negligence and the duty to disclose: full house of 1COR members in high profile Court of Appeal case - Jun 2017
Jim Duffy acts for family in suicide case where Adequate and Appropriate precautions not taken - Apr 2017
Jim Duffy in Successful Unfair Dismissal Claim - Mar 2017
UK Human Rights Blog is pick of best legal bloggers by The Times - Feb 2017
Jim Duffy in TUPE unfair dismissal win - Oct 2015
We send a team to annual charity beach volleyball tournament organised by our Brighton Chambers - Jul 2015
Jim Duffy has returned to full-time practice after a year spent in the Supreme Court - Oct 2014
1COR are delighted to announce that Lois Williams and Jim Duffy have accepted our offer of tenancy - Sep 2013