Law Pod UK Ep 101: Should we sue doctors? James Badenoch QC & David Hart QC discuss - Jan 2020
James Badenoch KC was pupil to John (later Mr Justice) Alliott, and Harry (Lord) Woolf at 1 Crown Office Row where he practised ever since. He specialised for over 25 years in clinical negligence, medical law, and professional discipline. He took silk in 1989. He has appeared in a succession of major cases in the House of Lords, The Privy Council, The Court of Appeal, The High Court, The GMC and The GDC. He acts for Claimants and Defendants.
Listed for many years in the principal directories as one of the foremost practitioners in the fields of clinical negligence, professional discipline, and personal injury.Clinical Negligence
- Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board  UKSC 11
- Lillywhite v UCL Hospitals NHS Trust  Lloyds Rep Med 268 (CA): (Medical standard of care.)
- Law Society v Sarah Harman : (Professional Discipline.)
- Michael Stone v South East SHA  EWHC 1668 (Admin): (Medical records, human rights and data protection.)
- Preiss v General Dental Council  Lloyd's Rep Med 491 (Privy Council): (Human Rights and Professional Discipline. Defining "serious professional misconduct".)
- GMC v Dr Harold Shipman (2000): (Disciplinary proceedings.)
- Heil v Rankin  2 WLR 1173 (CA): (Landmark case on general damages.)
- Penney & Others v East Kent Health Authority  Lloyd's Rep Med 41 (CA): (Application and limits of 'Bolam Test'.)
- Dobbie v Medway Health Authority  5 Med LR 160 (CA): (Medical injury, limitation principles.)
- Wilsher v Essex Area Health Authority  AC 1074 (HL): (Medical negligence, causation principles.)
Law Pod UK Ep. 60: Doctor knows best? - Jan 2019
“No negligence where the doctors disagree” used to be the approach of the courts to expert evidence in medical cases. That deference has eroded in recent years. Rosalind English talks to James...
Celebration Dinner for Chambers Members at Lutyen’s Restaurant - Oct 2017
This weekend saw a gathering of Chambers Members at Lutyen's Restaurant to celebrate the careers of some of Chamber's most learned Members along with Lorraine McHale, who has been the accounts and...
James Badenoch QC comments about judges considering gross negligence manslaughter prosecutions against doctors - Apr 2017