1COR delighted to again sponsor The University of Leicester Medical Law Mooting Competition - Dec 2018
Henry also has extensive experience representing families and other interested parties in inquest proceedings, including health professionals. Most recently he represented the family of Horatio Chapple, who died during an expedition to Svalbard; and Grace Roseman, who died due to a defect in her bedside sleeper cot.
- Roseman Inquest
- Inquest into the death of Robert Entenman, who died at London Bridge Hospital due to neglect.
- Horatio Chapple Inquest
- Ndiki Mutua & Others v The Foreign & Commonwealth Office  EWHC 2678 (QB)
- A v Iorworth Hoare  UKHL 6
- Various Claimants v Estate of Lord Greville Janner.
- Various Kenyan, Ugandan & UK Claimants v Estate of Simon Wood & British Airways Plc.
- Various Claimants v Estate of Sir James Savile.
- Various Claimants v Ian Paterson, Spire Hospital, Heart of England Foundation Trust.
- Various Kenyan & UK Claimants v Simon Harris & Shebbear College.
- Various Kenyan Claimants v The Foreign and Commonwealth Office: (the first ‘Mau Mau’ group claim).
- JMC/Airtours litigation (acted on behalf of 3 groups of claimants numbering 764 in total, who have suffered injury whilst on holiday abroad).
- Forde Park School (80 cases).
- Barlavington Manor (15 cases).
- South Wales NCH litigation (35 cases).
- Ivydale Children’s Home (15 cases).
- Badgeworth Court School (14 cases).
- St Leonard’s Children’s Home (25 cases).
- Sunderland Homes Group litigation (56 cases).
- Longcare Homes Litigation (55 cases).
- Staffordshire Homes Litigation (150 cases).
- Birmingham Homes Group Litigation (101 cases).
- Pitt House Litigation (15 cases).
- Olands Litigation (10 cases).
- Wessington School (30 cases).
- Green Field House School (9 cases).
The Results of The University of Leicester Medical Law Mooting - Dec 2016
1 Crown Office Row Sponsor National Medical Law Mooting Competition - Dec 2016
Henry Witcomb QC and John Whitting QC in record £37 million clinical negligence settlement - Oct 2018
Must the family be told? Genetic information and liability for non-disclosure to relatives - Jan 2018
1 Crown Office Row promotes access to the Bar - Jul 2017
Clinical negligence and the duty to disclose: full house of 1COR members in high profile Court of Appeal case - Jun 2017
Henry Witcomb QC Represents Family In Suicide of Ms Mager - Feb 2017
Henry Witcomb QC Represents the Roseman Family At The Inquest Hearing Starting 15th December 2016 - Dec 2016
Verdict of Neglect From Coroner in City Banker’s Death In Private Hospital - Oct 2016
Henry Witcomb QC represents the Entenman Family in Ongoing Case - Oct 2016
African sex abuse claim settlement approved - Mar 2016
‘Six of the Best!’ 6 members appointed Queen’s Counsel - Jan 2016
Henry Witcomb named Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence Junior of the Year - Oct 2015
David Hart QC and Henry Witcomb shortlisted for the 2015 Chambers UK Bar Awards - Sep 2015
Four members of 1COR in duty of care case - Jun 2015
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Henry Witcomb secure the right to anonymity for children and protected parties - Feb 2015
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Henry Witcomb represent the family in the inquest into the death of Horatio Chapple who was attacked by a polar bear. - Jul 2014
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC, Henry Witcomb and Duncan Fairgrieve in Supreme Court cases re Cheshire West on Deprivation of Liberty - Mar 2014
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Henry Witcomb represented the family of a girl whose brain was accidentally injected with glue - Jan 2014
Henry Witcomb, Andrew Kennedy and Jeremy Hyam listed in the Chambers & Partners list of top 100 Junior Barristers - Dec 2013
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC, Henry Witcomb and Duncan Fairgrieve appear as interveners in the Supreme Court cases on Deprivation of Liberty - Oct 2013
4 members of 1COR in the Kenyan Mau Mau Case - Jun 2013
Henry Witcomb represented the family of a woman who died whilst in a psychiatric unit despite her husband’s warning she was at risk - May 2013
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Henry Witcomb represent a barrister seriously injured in Fleet Street wine bar fall - Dec 2012
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC, Henry Witcomb and Peter Skelton are representing women who were wrongly diagnosed with breast cancer by Ian Paterson - Nov 2012
Four Members of One Crown Office Row appear in the Kenyan Mau Mau Case - Oct 2012
Four members in the latest Kenyan Mau Mau Uprising case hearing - Jul 2012