Professional Discipline & Regulation
Giles Colin has a well developed practice in Professional Negligence.
- Robinson v Liverpool University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  9WLUK 400: Obtained a Third Party Costs Order against expert following discontinuance of claim.
- Thimmaya v Lancashire NHS Foundation Trust v Jamil : Secured Wasted Costs Order for defendant against expert.
- Keith Williams v CWM Taf University Hospital Board  EWCA Civ 1745: Claimant appealed against the decision that the multidisciplinary medical team who had treated him for critical limb ischemia were not negligent.
- GMC v Richard Akinrolabu [16.05.06]: First Instruction by GMC Legal of Counsel to cross-examine a vulnerable witness who gave evidence by video link in circumstances where the Doctor did not have representation.
- Ndri v Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 3652 (QB): MRSA claim against a hospital.
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer/Autumn 2021 – Issue 10 - Jan 2022
Welcome to the tenth issue of the QMLR, brought to you by the barristers at 1 Crown Office Row to update you on developments in Summer and Autumn 2021. Download the Summer/Autumn 2021 newsletter...
Claimant Expert ordered to pay £50,543.85 following discontinuance of claim - Oct 2021
Following on from his success in Thimmaya v (1) Lancasahire NHS Foundation Trust (2) Mr Jamil, January 2020, Giles Colin obtains a Third Party Costs Order against Dr Mercier, General Dental Surgeon,...
Giles Colin offers further insight into significant wasted costs case in PI Focus (April Issue) - May 2020
In a landmark case, and what is considered to be a legal first, Giles Colin, instructed by Leona Beaumont of Hempsons Manchester, secured a Wasted Costs Order of £88,801.68 against a Consultant...
Giles Colin secures Wasted Costs Order against Claimant Expert in clinical negligence case - Feb 2020
In a landmark case, and what is considered to be a legal first, Giles Colin, instructed by Leona Beaumont of Hempsons Manchester, has secured a Wasted Costs Order of £88,801.68 against a Consultant...
Giles Colin wins in Court of Appeal defending vascular treatment provided by the Health Board - Jul 2018