The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2019 – Issue 2 - Aug 2019
Dominic represents the entire spectrum of families, prisons, GPs, and healthcare providers at inquests. He has developed a particular specialism in inquests into mental health patients, and regularly appears at Article 2 and jury inquests into the deaths of both formally and informally admitted mental health patients, as well those being treated in the community. He also regularly appears at inquests into the deaths of prisoners.
- Inquest into the death of Osman Ahmednur: Represented NHS trusts at the inquest into the suicide of former Eritrean refugee.
- Inquest into the death of Richard Handley: Appeared for family in inquest into the death of a 33 year old man with Down’s Syndrome and mental health issues who was living in supported housing and died from constipation.
- Inquest into the death of Barry Tucker: Appeared for family in inquest into death of a cancer patient who died having been discharged prematurely.
- Inquest into the death of Daniel Chapman: Appeared for NHS Trust in inquest into death of mental health patient who died while being treated in the community and living in supported accommodation from an overdose of legal highs.
- Inquest into the death of George Sutcliffe: Appeared for family in inquest into death of elderly patient where issues over whether should have been discharged earlier and avoided terminal decline while admitted.
- Inquest into the death of Glenn Jordan: Appeared for family in inquest into death of informal admitted mental health patient who hung himself while in hospital.
- Inquest into the death of Davindar Lal Seth: Appeared for family in inquest into the death of a patient who aspirated vomit while in intensive care and suffered cardiac arrest.
- Inquest into the death of Sally Ahmed-Chamberlain: Appeared for hospital in inquest into suicide of someone previously under care of mental health services.
- Inquest into the death of Henry Hughes: Appeared for hospital in inquest into death of informal admitted mental health patient who hung himself while on leave from hospital.
Dominic Ruck Keene examines evidential difficulties in proving a Montgomery case for AvMA Newsletter - Jun 2019
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited - Jun 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2019 – Issue 1 - May 2019
Oliver Sanders QC and Dominic Ruck Keene analyse Big Brother Watch & Others v UK in the latest issue of Counsel Magazine - Nov 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 32: The Right to be Forgotten - May 2018
1COR members featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals and Clinics - Feb 2018
Dominic Ruck Keene acted for the family in an inquest into the death of Richard Handley - Feb 2018
Dominic Ruck-Keene appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel - Feb 2018
Dominic Ruck Keene in inquest into death of a prematurely discharged patient - Jan 2018
Dominic Ruck Keene acting for White Flowers Alba at IICSA - Nov 2017
1COR Hosts 2017 Court of Protection Conference - Sep 2017
Alasdair Henderson appears in high-profile M4 Relief Road inquiry - Mar 2017
UK Human Rights Blog is pick of best legal bloggers by The Times - Feb 2017
Paterson case listed in The Lawyer top 20 cases for 2017 - Jan 2017