David Manknell appointed as Assistant Coroner to London Inner South - May 2022
David acts for both Claimants and Defendants and has appeared in some of the leading cases in this area, including Gregg v Scott in the House of Lords (loss of a chance) and Thompstone in the Court of Appeal (indexation of periodical payments). He regularly acts in cases where injuries are of the utmost severity. He has particular expertise in cases with an international element, including where the injury was occurred overseas or where the Claimant now resides abroad and requires care of treatment abroad.
- Gregg v Scott  2 A.C. 176 (HL): Damages for lost chances of survival following negligent treatment.
- Tameside & Glossop Acute Services NHS Trust v Thompstone & Ors  EWCA Civ 5;  1 W.L.R. 220: Indexation of periodical payments.
- Young v Krishna : claim against spinal surgeon for unsuccessful fusion surgery.
- AW v HCA International: Meningitis and brain damage in child following GBS infection shortly after birth. Successfully acted for Claimant in very substantial claim.
- PW & LW v Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust: Acted for Defendant in wrongful birth claim arising out of negligent failure in respect of the triple test, which would have identified Downs syndrome and led to a termination.
- Beaumont v Ministry of Defence  EWHC 1258 (QB): High Court appeal concerning right to instruct second expert in same discipline.
- A v Hosking v Anr: Multi-million pound transnational clinical negligence claim involving complex issues of private international law, the injury occurring overseas.
- CH V Walsall Helthcare NHS Trust: cerebral palsy claim, catastrophic injury. Led by Paul Rees QC.
- BW v The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust: cerebral palsy claim, led by Paul Rees QC.
- LT v (1) Bupa Cromwell Hosp & Others: High value clinical negligence, where care and treatment being provided in the USA, with issues in respect of availability of Medicare and Medicaid.
Emiliano Sala Inquest concludes with Coroner’s warning over illegal flights - Mar 2022
High Court Ruling on Shoreham Air Crash - Feb 2022
David Manknell successful in Court of Appeal over challenge to deportation policy - Nov 2020
Success in Supreme Court of St Helena case for David Manknell - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Winter 2019/20 – Issue 4 - Mar 2020
David Manknell represents father at inquest into death of mental health campaigner - Feb 2020
Date set for inquest into deaths from the Shoreham Airshow Disaster - Jan 2020
David Manknell and Jo Moore successful in JR challenging Home Office decision-making - Jan 2020
Inquest opens into the death of Alex Malcolm - Sep 2019
Congratulations to David Manknell, Suzanne Lambert, Alasdair Henderson, Natasha Barnes and Paul Reynolds on their appointments to Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Jul 2019
David Manknell acts for AAIB in High Court refusal of BBC application for Shoreham cockpit footage - Jan 2019
The Kenyan Emergency Group Litigation is at an end - Nov 2018
Guy Mansfield QC upholds Kenya Emergency Group Litigation judgment in Court of Appeal - Oct 2018
David Manknell and Amelia Walker successful in their defence of the Dubs child refugee scheme - Nov 2017
David Manknell and Amelia Walker successfully defend challenge to the Home Office’s procedures - Sep 2017
David Manknell appears in High Court ruling on the scope of judicial review - Sep 2017
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
David Manknell wins in Court of Appeal in licence conditions and family separation case - Mar 2017
Profits from the sale of the Inquest Book given to the Bar Pro Bono Unit - Nov 2016
David Manknell in Calais Children Asylum Case - Jan 2016
David Manknell appointed to the A Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2015
David Manknell acting for the Investigatory Powers Tribunal in GCHQ surveillance claims - Jul 2014
David Manknell in Court of Appeal win on French burqa ban law - Jul 2014
David Manknell acting in “Edward Snowden” claims, instructed as Counsel to the Investigatory Powers Tribunal - Feb 2014
David Manknell appeared in Supreme Court cases on oral hearings before the Parole Board - Oct 2013
David Manknell in Supreme Court cases on oral hearings before the Parole Board - Apr 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels - Mar 2010