Undercover Policing Inquiry’s Interim Report Published - Jul 2023
Darragh is developing a varied practice in the area of clinical negligence. He accepts instructions from Claimants and Defendants to appear in the County Court and High Court in a variety of hearings. He also advises on liability and quantum and drafts a variety of pleadings in such claims.
Darragh also undertakes a range of advisory and drafting work in the area of clinical negligence.
- NK v University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: Secured a settlement for a claimant who was misdiagnosed with ulcerative colitis, which led to them being inappropriately placed on a course of steroids that had a significant impact on their day to day life.
- CD v Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust: Secured settlement on behalf of the Claimant in respect of a claim relating to the negligent performance of a hip replacement surgery.
- ED v. Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust: Secured settlement on behalf of a Claimant in respect of a claim the negligent delay of the treatment.
- Darragh is being led by Clodagh Bradley KC in representing the Claimant in respect of a claim arising out of a hypoxic brain injury suffered at birth.
- Darragh has been led by Angus McCullough KC in representing the Defendant in claims arising out of hypoxic brain injuries suffered at birth.
Is there a Human Right to Healthy Water? - Jun 2023
Darragh Coffey appears in inquest into death of newborn - Jun 2023
1COR Seminar: Pitfalls for Professionals on Social Media - May 2023
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Winter 2022 – Issue 12 – May 2023 - May 2023
A New Bill of Rights? The Bill of Rights Bill Explained Webinar - Jul 2022
The 1COR Bundle 2022-2023 has arrived - Jul 2022
Darragh Coffey represents the family at an inquest into the death of a one-day old baby - Jun 2022
Pupillage Application Tips and Life at the Bar with 1COR - Dec 2021
Court of Appeal overturns high-profile judgment on children’s ability to consent to puberty blockers for gender dysphoria - Sep 2021
Get your copy of the 1COR Bundle 2021-22 now - Jun 2021
Darragh Coffey Secures leave to remain for Mauritian National - May 2021
Inquest into death of Toddler at Butlins concludes - Mar 2021
Inquest into death of teenager from glandular fever - Mar 2021
Landmark ruling on whether children can consent to puberty blocker treatment for gender dysphoria - Dec 2020
Tonight’s the night for the Bar Pro Bono Awards - Nov 2020
Undercover Policing Inquiry’s hearings begin today - Nov 2020
Congratulations to our 5 juniors nominated for Advocate’s Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year Award - Oct 2020
Darragh Coffey examines recent key developments relating to the doctrine of vicarious liability on Lexis Nexis PSL - Sep 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 3 - Jul 2020
Emma-Louise Fenelon and Darragh Coffey successful in Askham Bog Planning Inquiry - May 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 2 - Apr 2020
LawPod UK Ep. 108: Renewed lockdown, new guidance - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review -2020 – Special Issue - Mar 2020
Inquest into death of Toddler from Choking at Butlins - Jan 2020
Emma-Louise Fenelon and Darragh Coffey represent Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to protect Askham Bog - Dec 2019
1COR hosts Sutton Trust students for an insight into life at the Bar - Oct 2019
1COR delighted to welcome Darragh Coffey and Thomas Beamont as new tenants - Sep 2019
1COR Brighton’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
1COR welcomes new pupils Darragh Coffey, Thomas Beamont and Michael Spencer - Oct 2018