Six members of chambers participate in Inner Temple outreach events - Apr 2019
An esteemed public law silk, he is renowned for his adept handling of SIAC work, which often centres on national security matters. He routinely acts for both claimants and the government in complex, high-profile cases.
- Re: Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson)  EWCA Crim 1856: acted as advocate to the court in the remitted contempt of court proceedings involving Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who is known for political purposes as Tommy Robinson.
- Campaign Against the Arms Trade v Secretary of State for International Development  EWHC 1754 (Admin): Challenge to the Government’s licensing of arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
- Rahmatullah v MoD and others  EWHC 547: Civil claim alleging mistreatment and unlawful transfer to US custody by UK state; acting as special advocate.
- R (MR) v SSHD  EWHC 469 (Admin): Challenge to cancellation of British passport.
- McGartland v SSHD  EWCA Civ 686: Consideration by CA of principles to be applied in permitting closed material procedure under s.6 of the Justice and Security Act 2013.
- Secretary of State for the Home Department v AF, AN and AE (“AF No.3”)  UKHL 28.
- R (Baiai & Others) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  1 AC 287, House of Lords.
- Savage v South Essex Partnership NHS Trust  2 WLR 115, House of Lords.
- OO (Jordan) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  2 WLR 512, House of Lords.
- R (Quila) v SSHD  1 AC 621, Supreme Court.
- Dallas v UK, ECtHR: Application to Strasbourg Court by juror imprisoned for contempt of court in researching case on the internet.
Angus McCullough QC appears in Court of Appeal in CAAT appeal over the licensing of UK-produced arms and military equipment for sale to Saudi Arabia - Apr 2019
Angus McCullough QC appointed advocate to the court in Tommy Robinson’s remitted contempt of court proceedings - Oct 2018
Court of Appeal grants permission to appeal for a Judicial Review of licensing of UK Arms Exports to Saudi Arabia - May 2018
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
Angus McCullough QC Acts As Special Advocate in Judicial Review of licensing of UK Arms Exports to Saudi Arabia - Feb 2017
Angus McCullough QC and Matthew Donmall appear in civil claim arising out of attempted murder in Kyrgyz Republic - Sep 2016
Angus McCullough QC qualifies as an arbitrator - Jun 2016
Control order upheld following rehearing - May 2016
Angus McCullough QC in Article 7 European Court of Human Rights case - Feb 2016
3 members listed in Who’s Who Legal 2016 - Feb 2016
Angus McCullough QC in non delegable duty of care case brought against the Home Office - Apr 2015
Seminar – Public Law in an Age of Austerity - May 2015
Human Rights Blog reaches final of the UK Blog Awards 2015 - Dec 2014
Martin Downs and Jacqueline Roach appeared in the case of “E” - Jan 2014
Angus McCullough QC is acting as Advocate to the Court (‘Amicus’) in the trial of Rebekah Brooks, Andrew Coulson & Others - Dec 2013
Ten 1COR members and our Chambers Academic have contributed to the 3rd Edition of “Burnett-Hall on Environmental Law” - Feb 2013
Angus McCullough QC acted as Special Advocate in Abu Qatada’s deportation proceedings - Nov 2012
Angus McCullough QC appeared as special advocate in the case of Omar - Jul 2012
Angus McCullough QC is acting as Special Advocate in Abu Qatada’s deportation proceedings - May 2012
Angus McCullough QC giving evidence on the Justice and Security Green Paper to the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights - Jan 2012
Angus McCullough QC is acting as special advocate for Abu Qatada in his applications for habeas corpus and bail - Jan 2012
Angus McCullough QC special advocate for Russian cleared of spying in deportation case - Nov 2011
Supreme Court finds against the Home Office on forced marriages - Oct 2011
Angus McCullough QC special advocate for MP’s Russian assistant in deportation case - Oct 2011
Angus McCullough QC appeared with the Solicitor General in the widely reported Facebook juror contempt case - Jun 2011
Angus McCullough QC and Andrea Lindsay Strugo in first live streamed human rights Supreme Court case - Jun 2011
Our Human Rights Blog shortlisted for JUSTICE Human Rights Award - Nov 2010
Angus McCullough QC appeared as Special Advocate for appellant in controversial appeal against deportation of terror suspects - May 2010
Angus McCullough gives evidence to the parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights on the special advocate system - Feb 2010