Local Government & Police Law
Amy has particular expertise in cases concerning policing and crime.
- Moss v Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames  EWHC 1032: Successful for claimant in judicial review against local authority. Leading case on the citizen’s inspection right found in s.26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
- Amy is first junior for the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service in the Undercover Policing Inquiry (since 2015).
- Re AWE Burghfield : Junior counsel for MOD in a very large number of misconduct allegations arising out of MOD Police failures to patrol at Burghfield Atomic Weapons Establishment.
- R (oao Cheema v HMRC)  EWHC 3790: Judicial review arising out of issue of unlawful search warrant.
- R (oao Kammash & Others) v MOD (2009-2012): Judicial review of adequacy of Royal Military Police investigation into abuse allegations made by 7 Iraqi citizens in 2007.
Undercover Policing Inquiry’s Interim Report Published - Jul 2023
Amy Mannion successful in Court of Appeal - Dec 2021
Amy Mannion successful for claimant in judicial review against Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames - Apr 2021
Amy Mannion successful in strike out of claim for Francovich damages - Dec 2020
Undercover Policing Inquiry’s hearings begin today - Nov 2020
1COR hosts Sutton Trust students for an insight into life at the Bar - Oct 2019
Amy Mannion successful before the Supreme Court - Jun 2019
1COR walk in the LLST’s London Legal Walk 2019 - Jun 2019
Amy Mannion successful for HMRC in VAT EU law case - Apr 2019
Five members volunteer at Inner Temple’s ‘Becoming a Barrister’ day - Feb 2019
Jo Moore and Amy Mannion speak on panel about Pathways to Law at the London School of Economics - Jan 2019
Amy Mannion successful for HMRC in alcohol excise WOWGR-approval revocation appeal - Apr 2018
Congratulations to Owain Thomas QC, Jeremy Hyam QC and Amy Mannion on being appointed as Recorders - Mar 2018
The Supreme Court grant permission in OWD Ltd & Another v HMRC - Feb 2018
Amy Mannion promoted to A panel of the Attorney General’s Panels of Counsel - Jun 2017
Amy Mannion successful for HMRC in discharging a High Court injunction - May 2017
Amy Mannion to appear in Court of Appeal in alcohol wholesaler judicial review and injunction cases - May 2017
Supreme Court refers questions to the CJEU in Volkswagen Financial Services Ltd v Commissioners for HMRC - Apr 2017
Owain Thomas QC, leading Amy Mannion, Acted for HMRC against Volkswagen Financial Services - Nov 2016
Amy Mannion win for HMRC in Upper Tribunal (Tax Chamber) - Aug 2016
Suzanne Lambert and Amy Mannion return to practice after maternity leave - Sep 2015
Amy Mannion successful in unlawful detention judicial review - May 2014
Amy Mannion successfully defended the Home Office against two joined applications for judicial review - May 2014
Amy Mannion successful in Upper Tribunal for HMRC in Colchester v HMRC - Apr 2014
Amy Mannion wins case for HMRC clarifying that a card game, Bridge, is not a sport - Feb 2014
Amy Mannion wins in VAT case worth £400,000 - Jun 2013
Amy Mannion wins for HMRC in Global Corporation Trading v HMRC - Mar 2013
Amy Mannion has been appointed to two Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Specialist Advocate Panels - Mar 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013