Oliver Sanders QC and Amelia Walker in Court of Appeal extremism case - Mar 2019
Amelia Walker has a broad Public law practice including public inquiries, education, local government, Court of Protection and human rights law.
She was junior counsel for one of the core participants in the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry and is currently instructed by one of the core participants in the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.
Amelia is ranked by Chambers and Partners as a leading junior in Education law.
Amelia has been appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel.Public Law
- Karia v Secretary of State for the Home Department EWCA Civ: Case concerning custom officers' powers to stop and search baggage at airports.
- 1673R(Help Refugees Ltd) v SSHD  4 WLR: Defended the SSHD’s implementation of the ‘Dubs Amendment’ scheme under s.67 of the Immigration Act 2016. Issues in respect of the consultation process, the setting of the number of children to be transferred, and the process adopted.
- R (Butt) v SSHD  EWHC 1930 (Admin): Prevent duty & extremism.
- Grange Shipping Ltd. v HMRC  UKFTT 142 (TC): Article 239 of Customs Code.
- R (on the application of C (Gambia) v SSHD  EWHC 2016 (Admin): Immigration and Detained Fast Track process.
- R (on the application of Rasheed) v SSHD  EWHC 2052 (Admin),  A.C.D. 130: British citizenship and identity.
- R (on the application of Stevenson) v Governor of Wakefield Prison  EWHC 1014 Admin: Allocation and Article 8.
- Brown v Secretary of State for Education  EWHC 643 (Admin);  A.C.D. 88: Teaching prohibition order.
- K v A Local Authority  E.L.R. 295: School class sizes.
- TB v Essex CC  E.L.R. 46: Meaning of ‘school’ in the Education Act 1996.
- R (on the application of X) v Tower Hamlets LBC  EWCA Civ 904;  4 All E.R. 237: Family foster carers and equal treatment.
Amelia Walker successful in the Court of Appeal in a case on powers to stop and search baggage at airports, as reported by The Times - Sep 2018
1COR hosts Local Government & Education Law Conference - Sep 2017
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
David Manknell and Amelia Walker successful in their defence of the Dubs child refugee scheme - Nov 2017
David Manknell and Amelia Walker successfully defend challenge to the Home Office’s procedures - Sep 2017
1COR Hosts 2017 Court of Protection Conference - Sep 2017
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
Oliver Sanders and Amelia Walker in counter-extremism judicial review - Dec 2016
1COR quiz team wins the Leigh Day / Silverlining Brain Injury Charity Quiz night - Feb 2015