Law Pod UK Ep. 139: Courts tussle with Uber, Ola and the Gig Economy - Apr 2021
Alasdair regularly appears in judicial review proceedings on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants. He has experience in a wide variety of fields, including asylum and immigration, unlawful detention, prisons, social security, defence/national security, education and healthcare.
He was appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel in 2014.
- R(ota) Mrs A, and Sue Evans v. Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust (2020): Challenge to the legality of transgender treatment for children.
- Dulgheriu & Anor v. Ealing LBC  EWHC 1667: Acted for the Claimants challenging a public spaces protection order banning all pro-life or pro-choice activity outside an abortion clinic
- R (Rights of Women) v Lord Chancellor & Secretary of State for Justice  1 WLR 2543: Acted for the Lord Chancellor in an appeal concerning the availability of legal aid in family law cases involving domestic violence.
- MM & SI v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions  UKUT 149 (AAC): Acted for the Secretary of State in an appeal dealing with welfare payments to refugee children with disabilities.
- In re K & Another (children) (Lord Chancellor intervening)  1 WLR 3801: Acted for the Lord Chancellor in an appeal considering payments out of public funds to provide limited legal representation in family law cases.
Landmark ruling on whether children can consent to puberty blocker treatment for gender dysphoria - Dec 2020
The Times Lawyer of the Week: Alasdair Henderson - Nov 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Winter 2019/20 – Issue 4 - Mar 2020
Jeremy Hyam QC and Alasdair Henderson in legal challenge to legality of transgender treatment for children - Jan 2020
Alasdair Henderson represents prison healthcare team in Max Clifford inquest - Dec 2019
Is this too sensitive? Dealing with difficult issues in Inquests and Inquiries - Oct 2019
Congratulations to David Manknell, Suzanne Lambert, Alasdair Henderson, Natasha Barnes and Paul Reynolds on their appointments to Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Jul 2019
Law Pod UK Ep 85: M4 relief road U-turn - Jun 2019
Alasdair Henderson secures award of damages for false imprisonment in a hospital setting - Jan 2019
1COR proud to announce that Alasdair Henderson has been appointed an Equality and Human Rights Commissioner - May 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 14: Unlawful detention in immigration cases - Oct 2017
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
Alasdair Henderson appears in high-profile M4 Relief Road inquiry - Mar 2017
Profits from the sale of the Inquest Book given to the Bar Pro Bono Unit - Nov 2016
Alasdair Henderson stands for Parliament - Apr 2015
Neil Sheldon and Alasdair Henderson appear for the Lord Chancellor in LASPO case: Rights of Women v SSJ - Jan 2015
Four Members of 1COR involved in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Jan 2015
Neil Garnham QC assisted by Alasdair Henderson and Lois Williams appointed by Rochdale Council to lead independent review into historic child abuse allegations - Apr 2014
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A and C Panels - Feb 2014
Alasdair Henderson in inquest into death of Sarah Mulenga and the failure of paramedics attending her - May 2013
Alasdair Henderson represents Claimant in a whistleblowing claim on pay increases for a CEO and other senior managers - May 2013
Nine members of 1COR involved in Al-Sweady Public Inquiry - Mar 2013
Members Appointed to the Legal Services Board External Panel of Legal Advisors - Dec 2012
Members of One Crown Office Row acted in the Leveson Inquiry - Nov 2012
Neil Garnham QC and Alasdair Henderson are acting for the Metropolitan Police in the Leveson Inquiry - May 2012
Alasdair Henderson starts his tenancy at 1COR - Mar 2011