Alasdair regularly appears in judicial review proceedings on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants. He has experience in a wide variety of fields, including asylum and immigration, unlawful detention, prisons, social security, defence/national security, education and healthcare.
He was appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel in 2014.
- R(ota) Mrs A, and Sue Evans v. Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust (2020): Challenge to the legality of transgender treatment for children.
- Dulgheriu & Anor v. Ealing LBC  EWHC 1667: Acted for the Claimants challenging a public spaces protection order banning all pro-life or pro-choice activity outside an abortion clinic
- R (Rights of Women) v Lord Chancellor & Secretary of State for Justice  1 WLR 2543: Acted for the Lord Chancellor in an appeal concerning the availability of legal aid in family law cases involving domestic violence.
- MM & SI v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions  UKUT 149 (AAC): Acted for the Secretary of State in an appeal dealing with welfare payments to refugee children with disabilities.
- In re K & Another (children) (Lord Chancellor intervening)  1 WLR 3801: Acted for the Lord Chancellor in an appeal considering payments out of public funds to provide limited legal representation in family law cases.
Law Pod UK Ep. 139: Courts tussle with Uber, Ola and the Gig Economy - Apr 2021
Landmark ruling on whether children can consent to puberty blocker treatment for gender dysphoria - Dec 2020
The Times Lawyer of the Week: Alasdair Henderson - Nov 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Winter 2019/20 – Issue 4 - Mar 2020
Jeremy Hyam QC and Alasdair Henderson in legal challenge to legality of transgender treatment for children - Jan 2020
Alasdair Henderson represents prison healthcare team in Max Clifford inquest - Dec 2019
Is this too sensitive? Dealing with difficult issues in Inquests and Inquiries - Oct 2019
Congratulations to David Manknell, Suzanne Lambert, Alasdair Henderson, Natasha Barnes and Paul Reynolds on their appointments to Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Jul 2019
Law Pod UK Ep 85: M4 relief road U-turn - Jun 2019
Alasdair Henderson secures award of damages for false imprisonment in a hospital setting - Jan 2019
1COR proud to announce that Alasdair Henderson has been appointed an Equality and Human Rights Commissioner - May 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 14: Unlawful detention in immigration cases - Oct 2017
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
Alasdair Henderson appears in high-profile M4 Relief Road inquiry - Mar 2017
Profits from the sale of the Inquest Book given to the Bar Pro Bono Unit - Nov 2016
Alasdair Henderson stands for Parliament - Apr 2015
Neil Sheldon and Alasdair Henderson appear for the Lord Chancellor in LASPO case: Rights of Women v SSJ - Jan 2015
Four Members of 1COR involved in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Jan 2015
Neil Garnham QC assisted by Alasdair Henderson and Lois Williams appointed by Rochdale Council to lead independent review into historic child abuse allegations - Apr 2014
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A and C Panels - Feb 2014
Alasdair Henderson in inquest into death of Sarah Mulenga and the failure of paramedics attending her - May 2013
Alasdair Henderson represents Claimant in a whistleblowing claim on pay increases for a CEO and other senior managers - May 2013
Nine members of 1COR involved in Al-Sweady Public Inquiry - Mar 2013
Members Appointed to the Legal Services Board External Panel of Legal Advisors - Dec 2012
Members of One Crown Office Row acted in the Leveson Inquiry - Nov 2012
Neil Garnham QC and Alasdair Henderson are acting for the Metropolitan Police in the Leveson Inquiry - May 2012
Alasdair Henderson starts his tenancy at 1COR - Mar 2011