Whilst many of us would prefer not to dwell on 2020, it was a year that produced many interesting decisions. In Episode 134, Michael Spencer and Jonathan Metzer talk to Emma-Louise Fenelon about the cases they consider to be 2020’s most significant landmarks.
This episode refers to:
- Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14. For more, listen to William Edis QC discuss the case in Episode 110.
- Barclays Bank v Various Claimants  UKSC 13 and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants  UKSC 12. For more, listen to Rob Kellar QC and Isabel McArdle discuss the case in Episode 106. Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Robert Kellar QC acted for the respondents in this case
- Begum v Special Immigration Appeals Commission and the Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 918
- AM (Zimbabwe) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKSC 17
- For more on systemic racism, listen to Martin Forde QC, Episode 117.
- Racism and the Rule of Law, Michael Paulin on the UKHRB
- Samira Ahmed v BBC: 2206858/2018 – Judgment with Reasons. For more listen to Shaheen Rahman QC discuss the case in Episode 102.
- EHRC Report on Anti-semitism in the Labour Party
- Dolan & Ors, R (On the application of) v Secretary of State for Health and Social Care & Anor  EWCA 1605
- R (on the application of Quincy Bell and A v Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust and others  EWHC 3274 (Admin)
- R (Friends of the Earth et al) v Heathrow Airport Ltd  UKSC 52. See David Hart QC’s article.
- R (Maughan) v Her Majesty’s Senior Coroner for Oxfordshire  UKSC 46
- Swift v Carpenter  EWCA Civ 1295
- Depp II v News Group Newspapers Ltd & Anor  EWHC 2911
Please remember to rate and review us if you like what you hear.