Whilst many of us would prefer not to dwell on 2020, it was a year that produced many interesting decisions. In Episode 134, Michael Spencer and Jonathan Metzer talk to Emma-Louise Fenelon about the cases they consider to be 2020’s most significant landmarks.
This episode refers to:
- Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14. For more, listen to William Edis QC discuss the case in Episode 110.
- Barclays Bank v Various Claimants  UKSC 13 and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants  UKSC 12. For more, listen to Rob Kellar QC and Isabel McArdle discuss the case in Episode 106. Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Robert Kellar QC acted for the respondents in this case
- Begum v Special Immigration Appeals Commission and the Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 918
- AM (Zimbabwe) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKSC 17
- For more on systemic racism, listen to Martin Forde QC, Episode 117.
- Racism and the Rule of Law, Michael Paulin on the UKHRB
- Samira Ahmed v BBC: 2206858/2018 – Judgment with Reasons. For more listen to Shaheen Rahman QC discuss the case in Episode 102.
- EHRC Report on Anti-semitism in the Labour Party
- Dolan & Ors, R (On the application of) v Secretary of State for Health and Social Care & Anor  EWCA 1605
- R (on the application of Quincy Bell and A v Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust and others  EWHC 3274 (Admin)
- R (Friends of the Earth et al) v Heathrow Airport Ltd  UKSC 52. See David Hart QC’s article.
- R (Maughan) v Her Majesty’s Senior Coroner for Oxfordshire  UKSC 46
- Swift v Carpenter  EWCA Civ 1295
- Depp II v News Group Newspapers Ltd & Anor  EWHC 2911
Law Pod UK is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Audioboom, Player FM, Podbean, iHeart, Radio Public, Deezer or wherever you listen to our podcasts.
Please remember to rate and review us if you like what you hear.