1COR barristers represent the RSPCA in criminal prosecutions, judicial review claims and all other areas in which issues relating to the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and the other key areas of animal welfare legislation arise.
Areas covered include:
- Prosecutions for causing unnecessary suffering to protected animals
- Breach of duty prosecutions
- Organised animal fighting prosecutions
- Multi-animal prosecutions, including ‘puppy farming’ cases
- Hunting Act 2004 prosecutions
- Judicial Review proceedings relating to the interpretation of animal welfare legislation
1COR acts principally for the RSPCA in matters of animal welfare, but also receives instructions from local authorities to prosecute animal welfare allegations.
1COR has a long history of acting in both specialist crime and disciplinary/regulatory proceedings, in which areas there is a considerable overlap, with barristers at all levels of seniority appearing before the criminal courts, the GMC, the NMC, and the RCVS Disciplinary Committee in cases involving serious professional misconduct by veterinary surgeons.
For information on our team based in London, please click here.