Family Mediation Week Blog – Tim Bergin writes about; The Pandemic and the arrival of online Mediation. - Jan 2022
Children (Public Law)
Within public law children Tim is instructed in complex and lengthy Care Proceedings, representing parents, guardians and local authorities. Having an established court-based practice, he is able to put clients at ease via his familiarity with the process and calm manner.
- Re C (Child) : Represented appellant mother in successful appeal – approach of court when child returned to mother’s care.
- Re G (Children)  EWCA Civ 1017: ‘Man of straw and costs’ – Counsel for mother (respondent) in lower court – appeal dismissed.
- Re G : Six day fact-finding hearing – represented father – serious injury to child’s genitalia- finding that mother caused injury.
- Represented father in case involved fractured skull to baby. Case lasted 11 days and a finding made that the perpetrator was the child-minder.
- Re M  represented father in 3 week case involving allegations that he had sexually abused his three young children. The Local Authority was represented by Leading and Junior Counsel.
Tim Bergin returns to full time practice - Apr 2021
Paul Ashwell And Tim Bergin brave the Hever Castle Open Water Swim Competition - Sep 2020
How can I resolve my case quickly and remotely? When Arbitration is the answer - Jun 2020
(Remote) Life at the Bar with the Sutton Trust - Apr 2020
What to do about children spending time with their separated parents during COVID-19 - Apr 2020
Resolve your disputes remotely and without relying on the Family Court during COVID-19 - Mar 2020
Celebrate National Pro Bono week with 1COR’s arbitration team - Nov 2019
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
1COR’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup featured in The Argus - Aug 2019
1COR’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
An endorsement for arbitration from Mr Justice Moor in CM v CM - Mar 2019
Tim Bergin, Michael Walker and Kate Richmond swimming in the Lions Swimarathon 2018 - Mar 2018
Members taking part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2017
Members take part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2015
London and Brighton Members and clerks take part in the London to Brighton Bike ride - May 2014
Family Law without the Lawyers? McKenzie Friends, Litigants in person and funding expert reports Seminar - Jun 2012
We are currently recruiting family law practitioners - Dec 2010