Tim’s background is in both criminal and family law but his practice has been exclusively in family law both public and private for the last 20 years. He undertakes a substantial amount of advocacy training for those hoping to join the Bar and is a Pupil Supervisor.Children (Public Law)
He primarily acts for children in the full gamut of public law proceedings ranging from cases involving parents with learning difficulties, mental health problems, substance and alcohol abuse related issues to serious non accidental injury, factious illness and sexual abuse. He is regularly instructed in the most serious of cases as a leading junior.
- LB Croydon v. S  EWHC 2521
- London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and Mr and Mrs X and Y (by his guardian)  EWHC B63
- In the matter of AB (A Child)  EWFC 3
- A and L (Children)  EWCA Civ 1205 - Appeal by a mother of findings made against her in a fact finding hearing.
- Re O (Care Proceedings Evidence)  1 FLR 161 - Whether inferences can be drawn in the case of a parent refusing to give evidence in care proceedings.
Tim has been instructed in many private law matters involving same sex couples and often acts for 16.4 guardians.