Court of Appeal confirms no appeal from refusal to allow an oral hearing following TWM - Nov 2020
Simon Sinnatt is the current Head of One Crown Office Row’s Brighton Annex. Simon is a property law specialist, practising primarily in Sussex, London and the South Coast, acting for developers, local government and private clients.
He gives talks each year to both Local Government and solicitors in The South East. He is noted for taking an innovative practical approach to clients’ problems.
Simon is recommended by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.Property, Landlord & Tenant
Simon is a Property law specialist practising primarily in Sussex, London and the South Coast, acting for developers, local government and private clients. He is a member of the Property Bar Association and has been involved in a number of notable cases.
- Golding v Martin (2019) EWCA Civ 446 - Second appeal concerning the meaning of success in a forfeiture set aside case.
- Sinclair Gardens (Kensington) Investments Ltd v 2 Medina Villas  PLSCS 132: Collective enfranchisement case concerning the valuation of car parking spaces and what amounts to a substantive interference of a right of way.
- Henley v Bloom  EWCA Civ 202;  1 W.L.R. 1770;  H.L.R. 29;  N.P.C. 29;  2 P. & C.R. DG13: Case concerning whether a dilapidations claim should be struck out for abuse of process.
- Bluestorm v Portvale Holdings  22 E.G. 142: Case casting doubt on Yorkbrook.
- Brighton & Hove City Council v Collinson  28 E.G. 178: Security of tenure under the '54 Act.
Simon regularly undertakes contentious probate and trusts of land disputes, advising and representing clients needs at all levels of Court. Simon has particular expertise in relation to proprietary estoppel having appeared in one of the leading cases on the subject.
- Clarke v Meadus  EWHC 3117 - A proprietary estoppel case concerning the alleged promise of a mother to child to leave her interest in a family property to her and whether the half already transferred satisfied the minimum equity.
- Bonhmas 1793 v Lawson & Ors: A multi handed High Court case about the ownership of a rare Ferrari that settled on the first day of a three week hearing.
Simon represents various local authorities combining his property expertise with the particular needs of local government.
- Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust v Price: Represented the NHS Foundation Trust in unusual bed blocking case of a possession order of a hospital bed.
- R (Boyejo, Towler, Rush, Sanders & Kemp) v Barnet London Borough Council & R (Ronald Smith) v Portsmouth City Council  EWHC 3261 (Admin): Case dealing with the level of consultation and involvement of Disabled people and compliance with Section 49A(1) of the DDA.
Simon acts for developers and private clients in cases involving professional negligence in his specialist area of property law.
Simon Sinnatt successful in Hospital Covid-19 need case - Apr 2020
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
1COR sponsor “Rising Star of the Year Award” at the Surrey Law Society Legal Awards 2019 - Sep 2019
1COR nominated for ‘Family Law Chamber of the Year: Regional Award’ at the Family Law Awards - Sep 2019
1COR’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup featured in The Argus - Aug 2019
1COR’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
1COR Brighton raising awareness of Mental Health for Mental Health Awareness Week - May 2018
Contracts Seminar on recent changes to the law of illegality and limitation cases - Oct 2017
Unusual Case Of A Possession Order Over A Hospital Bed - Dec 2016
New Appointment of Simon Sinnatt as Head of Annex - Nov 2016
Seminar/Webinar – Injunctions & Damages in Property Litigation - Mar 2015
Our Civil and Criminal Barristers give client care talk to Worthing Law Society - May 2012
Jones v Kernott – Where is the certainty in a world of imputed intention - Dec 2011
Simon Sinnatt interviewed on BBC Radio Sussex - Mar 2011