Court of Protection
Scott welcomes instructions across the full range of Court of Protection proceedings.
Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty
Scott acts in cases in which both mental capacity and best interests are in dispute. He has experience of interim and final hearings involving issues such as residence, care, medical treatment and contact. Scott also accepts instructions relating to the inherent jurisdiction of the High Court in respect of vulnerable adults.
Property and Affairs
Scott has a broad property and affairs practice with particular experience in contested applications for the appointment and removal of deputies and cases concerning the operation and revocation of LPAs and EPAs.
- BP v Surrey County Council & Anor (No 1)  EWCOP 17: Appeared before the Vice President of the Court of Protection on behalf of a local authority in an urgent application relating to COVID-19.
- BP v Surrey County Council & Anor (No 2)  EWCOP 22: Second judgment before the Vice President relating to issues surrounding COVID-19.
- Re A: Successfully represented a local authority in a section 21A application concerning an objection to a residential placement, involving multiple hearings in which both capacity and best interests were contested.
- Re D: Instructed by the Official Solicitor in an urgent application following a care home having given notice to terminate a placement.
- Re H: Represented a family member in a case involving serious safeguarding allegations and disputed issues surrounding residence, care and contact, which ultimately settled after a number of hearings.
- Re E: Acted for a local authority in a capacity hearing involving an acquired brain injury with independent expert evidence relating to various domains of capacity.
- Re C: Successfully represented a family member in a two-day final hearing challenging two LPAs for health and welfare and property and financial affairs.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Join us for a discussion of the medical and legal issues around vaccination - Mar 2021
Scott Storey successful in ordinary residence determination by the Secretary of State - Jun 2020
Scott Storey appears in second COVID-19 judgment before the Vice President of the Court of Protection - Apr 2020
Scott Storey appears before the Vice President of the Court of Protection in COVID-19 case - Apr 2020
Abha Pandya and Scott Storey gave a whirlwind tour of LPAs and probate disputes at Downs Law - Feb 2020
1COR bring their expertise in Court of Protection and Financial Remedies for training seminars - Nov 2019
Scott Storey provides a case law update to POhWER - Jul 2019
Abha Pandya and Scott Storey speak at recent Court of Protection seminar - Mar 2019
1COR & Orbis Law present ‘Mental Capacity Act 2005 Training for Local Government Lawyers’ - Nov 2018
Opposing a lasting power of attorney in the Court of Protection - Oct 2018
Essential Guidance & Top Tips with Scott Storey and Kate Richmond - Jun 2018
Scott Storey acts for the Police after an injunction was breached within 24 hours - Jun 2018
Lauren Godfrey and Scott Storey successfully defend large protracted TUPE dispute - Mar 2018
1COR Brighton juniors speak to aspiring lawyers at the University of Brighton Law Ball - Mar 2018
1COR welcomes Scott Storey as a tenant - Oct 2017