Rebecca accepts instructions from all interested persons, including families, the police, NHS trusts and medical professionals.
- Represented British Transport Police following a hanging from a railway bridge in London.
- Represented Sussex University, an Interested Party, after a student committed suicide on campus.
- Represented Brighton and Hove City Council, who employ staff concerned with the care of a lady who passed away in hospital.
- Represented Sussex University following the death of a student off campus.
- Represented the family of the deceased, who had been unsupervised when he choked to death whilst eating at the care home he resided at in East Sussex.
- Represented the family of the deceased, who had died following a cardiac arrest at home shortly after complaining to 2 GPs that she felt unwell.
Rebecca Upton prosecutes man for attack on toilet attendant - Feb 2020
Rebecca Upton successful in the Court of Appeal - Dec 2019
Criminal Procedure Rules (CPR) Amendment following Court of Appeal Ruling - Oct 2019
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
Look around Lewes Crown Court and chat with barristers, including Rebecca Upton and Amy Packham, at their open day - Sep 2019
Rebecca Upton defends in Health & Safety Case - Aug 2019
Rebecca Upton defends Cross-Channel people smuggler - Jul 2019
Rebecca Upton and Chris Prior secure acquittal in attempted murder trial - Mar 2019
Members of Chambers defend in multi-handed attempted murder trial - Oct 2018
Join ‘COR is that on the green?’ to support Oliver Fisher Trust - Jul 2018
Rebecca Upton defends man who supplied gun in murder plot - Feb 2018
Rebecca Upton instructed in death by dangerous driving case - Apr 2016
Boost for the Criminal Team as 3 experienced practitioners join us from Eastbourne - Oct 2014