Paul Ashwell delivers key update on recent Probate Cases - May 2021
Probate & Trusts
- Claim by estranged adult child where there was a letter explaining exclusion from will in light of Ilott v Mitson  UKSC
- Represented defendant in High Court against claim under s. 33 Wills Act 1837
- Claims in estoppel and under Inheritance Act to house. Effect of possible fraud.
- Action to remove sibling executor and force sale of home.
- Successful mediation on behalf of sister in dispute with her brother over trusts of land involving a number of properties, and contested administration of parent’s estate.
- Won claim by cohabitant over disputed £100,000 promissory note given to her to encourage her to leave home.
Remoteness of Damages – Back to Basics with Paul Ashwell - May 2021
Restrictive land covenants: Paul Ashwell examines two recent Supreme Court cases - Feb 2021
Paul Ashwell rounds up the key commercial and property Supreme Court cases of 2020-2021 - Feb 2021
Paul Ashwell And Tim Bergin brave the Hever Castle Open Water Swim Competition - Sep 2020
Setting Aside Judgment for Fraud and The Disclosure Pilot with Paul Ashwell & Kate Richmond - Jul 2020
Insights from Paul Ashwell & Abha Pandya at Surrey Law Society Private Client & Conveyancing Conference 2020 - Feb 2020
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
Paul Ashwell successfully represents creditor in bankruptcy of James Stunt - Jun 2019
Paul Ashwell uses waiver to win land contract dispute - Dec 2018
1COR’s Contract & Commercial Seminar with Paul Ashwell and Kate Richmond - Nov 2018
Contracts Seminar on recent changes to the law of illegality and limitation cases - Oct 2017
Members taking part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2017
Seminar: Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Interpreting Documents Guide - Apr 2016
Seminar / Webinar – Human Rights & Real Property Litigation - May 2015
Members take part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2015
Seminar/Webinar – Injunctions & Damages in Property Litigation - Mar 2015
Seminar: The Court of Protection, A gilded cage is still a cage - Apr 2014
Our Civil and Criminal Barristers give client care talk to Worthing Law Society - May 2012
Jones v Kernott – Where is the certainty in a world of imputed intention - Dec 2011