Paul Ashwell delivers key update on recent Probate Cases - May 2021
- Dispute over payment for aircraft parts destined for end-users in Middle East that were detained by Federal Authorities in the US.
- Dispute over contract for provision of computer-based EU monitoring of emissions and purchase of carbon credits for large fleet of aircraft following expansion of aircraft operator by reverse takeover.
- Acting in High Court for managing agent of owner of multi-storey car park against surveyor and contractor after resurfacing fails and leaks occur.
- Dispute over recovery of underpaid manufacturing royalties by a licensor.
- Defending contractor when ceiling fixings fail not long after a school was renovated and contractor was not given opportunity to rectify
- Drafted complex assignment of substantial judgment debt.
- Advising on dissolution of partnership owning care homes and interpretation of partnership agreement.
Directors, Companies & Partnerships
- Variation of undertakings given on restoration of company to register.
- Advising directors on personal liability in event of company incurring substantial uninsured liabilities.
- Acting for minority shareholders where the sole director was making a claim against the company and not defending it. Succeeded in devising a fast and economical solution without an expensive and time-consuming Companies Act 2006 section 994 petition.
- Advising shareholders of company in a large group which was voluntarily dissolved forgetting that it was the commercial lessee of spaces at shopping malls. What was the effect on leases of disclaimer by Crown?
- Effect of guarantee executed by attorney under power of attorney.
- Represented creditor in high profile bankruptcy petitions against James Stunt.
- Action against liquidator to accept creditor’s claim for £2,000,000.
- Getting high value statutory demands against a married couple set aside.
- Advising a company when third party trying to rely statutory demand on incorrectly served on it.
- Advising former members of Limited Liability Partnership on disclaimer of leases under which LLP was the tenant.
Remoteness of Damages – Back to Basics with Paul Ashwell - May 2021
Restrictive land covenants: Paul Ashwell examines two recent Supreme Court cases - Feb 2021
Paul Ashwell rounds up the key commercial and property Supreme Court cases of 2020-2021 - Feb 2021
Paul Ashwell And Tim Bergin brave the Hever Castle Open Water Swim Competition - Sep 2020
Setting Aside Judgment for Fraud and The Disclosure Pilot with Paul Ashwell & Kate Richmond - Jul 2020
Insights from Paul Ashwell & Abha Pandya at Surrey Law Society Private Client & Conveyancing Conference 2020 - Feb 2020
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
Paul Ashwell successfully represents creditor in bankruptcy of James Stunt - Jun 2019
Paul Ashwell uses waiver to win land contract dispute - Dec 2018
1COR’s Contract & Commercial Seminar with Paul Ashwell and Kate Richmond - Nov 2018
Contracts Seminar on recent changes to the law of illegality and limitation cases - Oct 2017
Members taking part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2017
Seminar: Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Interpreting Documents Guide - Apr 2016
Seminar / Webinar – Human Rights & Real Property Litigation - May 2015
Members take part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2015
Seminar/Webinar – Injunctions & Damages in Property Litigation - Mar 2015
Seminar: The Court of Protection, A gilded cage is still a cage - Apr 2014
Our Civil and Criminal Barristers give client care talk to Worthing Law Society - May 2012
Jones v Kernott – Where is the certainty in a world of imputed intention - Dec 2011