Seminar: Article 15: Determining in which country to hold care proceedings - Nov 2014
Children (Public Law)
In public law cases Nigel is experienced at representing local authority clients as well as parents and children. His practice in this area includes:
- unexplained / non-accidental injury to children,
- injuries to babies including Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS),
- allegations of sexual abuse to children
- fabricated illness (FII).
In respect of the above issues he is familiar with procedure concerning the involvement of registered intermediaries in the pre-court and court process and the evidence of medical experts.
In addition, he has experience of care proceedings which have an international dimension including Brussels IIR and Hague Convention. These cases include applications to allow media reporting of a High Court decision for the return of children abducted outside the UK.
- Iqbal v Iqbal  EWCA Civ 19
- Re A & B (Children : Brussels II Revised : Article 15)  EWFC 40