Detained in Dubai: Matthew Heywood appointed junior in Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum’s case - Aug 2019
Children (Public Law)
Matthew represents all parties and her experience includes all aspects of disputes including those with an intractable or international dimension. Matthew also has particular experience in representing parties in complex fact finding cases and internal and international relocation.
- Re R EWHC (2019): Complex fact finding involving FII.
- Re C EWHC (2018): Serious case involving child abduction and female mutilation.
- Re C (2017): 5 day fact-finding acting for the Local Authority. Serious abuse alleged.
- Re B & V (Children) (2014): 14 day fact-finding. Instructed to represent alleged main perpetrator in a case involving serious sexual allegations spread out over a 5 year period.
- Re R (A Child) (2014): Representation of a Mother in a case involving alleged serious sexual offences.
- Re B-Y (A Child) (2013) EWHC 4108 & EWCA Civ 532: Instructed to represent a Father accused of killing his child by way of suffocation. The case involved very complex areas of science and medicine and was heard in the High Court. This case also gave rise to an appeal where Matthew was led by Robert Seabrook QC.
- D v D (2013): International child abduction. Representation of a Mother whose child was abducted and taken to another jurisdiction. After proceedings in the High Court, the child was swiftly and safely returned to the jurisdiction of England & Wales. The case involved complex cross-jurisdictional issues of law and procedure.
- Re P (2013): 5 day fact-finding. Serious allegation of NAI, which included multiple fractures. Acting for primary carer.
Matthew Heywood and Sophie Evans secure suspended sentence in class A drugs conspiracy - Jul 2018
Matthew Heywood leads Vanessa Long in multi handed conspiracy - Aug 2017
Matthew Heywood is successful in the Court of Appeal - Aug 2017
Matthew Heywood successfully secures senior prison officer’s job and pension - Aug 2017
Matthew Heywood in successful prosecution for murder - Sep 2015
Matthew Heywood secures convictions for three involved in vicious stabbing case - Aug 2015
Matthew Heywood secures convictions for the Crown in a large scale Graffiti case - Feb 2015
Matthew Heywood instructed in the High Court on child suffocation case - Jul 2013
Matthew Heywood appears in the High Court in an international child abduction case - Nov 2012
Matthew Heywood, formerly of Eastbourne Chambers, has joined our Family and Crime teams - Oct 2012