Tune in for our webinar on ‘Special Measures and Vulnerable Witnesses’ - Mar 2022
Lynn specialises in family law, principally in public law care proceedings and adoption. Prior to being called to the bar, Lynn McFadyen was a solicitor for 17 years in private practice and spent her first ten years as a barrister practicing in Leeds.Children (Public Law)
Lynn specialises in public law children proceedings and is regularly instructed to represent local authorities, parents and Children’s Guardians in the full range of care proceedings, from neglect to serious physical or sexual abuse. She has experience of cases with an international element and has been involved in a number of cases where reporting restrictions have been obtained.
- Sheffield v Bradford: January  Fam Law 32
- Re Jane (Publicity)  1 FLR 1261
- B, C and D Children  EWHC 262
- North Yorkshire County Council v B  1 FLR 1645
- Re K (Children)  2 FLR 745 - use of wardship at conclusion of care proceedings relating to children with severe disabilities
Lynn’s private law practice encompasses 16:4 applications, declarations of parentage and leave to remove from the jurisdiction.
- K, L & M  EWHC 3225 (Fam) - ongoing obligation on the court to consider vulnerability of party to finding of fact hearing - not raised by either party at first instance, but appeal succeeded and case remitted for re-hearing
Withholding documents or information from a party in care proceedings - Jun 2020
Cheer on our team in the Brighton Legal Walk 2018! - Sep 2018
We are delighted to announce that Lynn McFadyen has joined Crown Office Row’s Family Team - Sep 2013