Kate Richmond gives a Civil Litigation Update for CILEX - Sep 2021
Property, Landlord & Tenant
Kate has experience in Property Law matters and accepts instructions in all aspects of property litigation. She has acted in residential and commercial possession proceedings in claims against both tenants (Landlord & Tenant) and mortgagors. Kate provides added insight from her previous roles along with a pragmatic and commercially sensitive approach.
She also receives instructions to advise freeholders, leaseholders, and tenants on service charge disputes as well as cases involving boundary and right of way disputes.
- Mathewson v Crump & Anor  EWHC 3167 (QB): successfully defended joint owners against a £200,000 claim under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 relating to a property conversion.
- Settled a tenancy dispute and multi-track dilapidations claim on behalf of a landlord relating to a substantial mixed-use property.
- Advising a building owner in relation to a building regulation dispute.
- Advising a freeholder in a right of way dispute and associated injunction proceedings.
- Representing a Defendant to a Housing Trust application for an anti-social behaviour order injunction and possession order at a 7-day trial.
- Acting for a Tenant in possession proceedings which involved a lengthy ownership dispute.
- Advising on the service charge liability of a leaseholder for a potential claim for the determination of service charges.
- Advising a Defendant to a claim for service charges on issues relating to challenging the validity of a Lease.
1COR Abseil the i360 for Rockinghorse Children’s Charity - Jul 2021
1 week to go for Brighton Legal Walkers! - Jun 2021
Kate Richmond analyses a statute-barred claim against a solicitor on Lexis Nexis - May 2021
Kate Richmond successful in significant case concerning unfair terms in a consumer credit agreement - Apr 2021
1COR Abseil the i360 for Rockinghorse Children’s Charity - Dec 2020
The “Subject to contract” umbrella: Joanne Properties Ltd v Moneything Capital Ltd  EWCA Civ 1541 - Dec 2020
Kate Richmond successful in Occupiers Liability Act claim - Nov 2020
Setting Aside Judgment for Fraud and The Disclosure Pilot with Paul Ashwell & Kate Richmond - Jul 2020
1COR sponsor Annual Brighton and Hove City Intervarsity Mooting Challenge - Nov 2019
Doglaw for Professionals 2019 with Kate Richmond - Aug 2019
1COR’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup featured in The Argus - Aug 2019
1COR’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
Momentous game at the Brighton Metro Bank Pool League! - Jun 2019
Unfair Relationships in banking and credit agreements - Apr 2019
Kate Richmond successfully defends a claim for breach of data protection - Feb 2019
Cheer on 1COR at the Brighton Metro Bank Pool League - Jan 2019
1COR’s Contract & Commercial Seminar with Paul Ashwell and Kate Richmond - Nov 2018
Kate Richmond speaks to aspiring barristers at the University of Sussex - Oct 2018
Cheer on our team in the Brighton Legal Walk 2018! - Sep 2018
Kate Richmond successful in appeal for charity regarding dog ownership - Aug 2018
Essential Guidance & Top Tips with Scott Storey and Kate Richmond - Jun 2018
Tim Bergin, Michael Walker and Kate Richmond swimming in the Lions Swimarathon 2018 - Mar 2018
Litigant in Person’s status is clarified by the Supreme Court - Mar 2018
1COR Brighton juniors speak to aspiring lawyers at the University of Brighton Law Ball - Mar 2018
Raising money for London Legal Support Trust - Jun 2017