Celebrate National Pro Bono week with 1COR’s arbitration team - Nov 2019
Children (Public Law)
Specialising in care proceedings, Julie has particular expertise in cases involving complex medical evidence (especially serious head injuries), chronic neglect and sexual abuse cases. Julie has an invaluable inside understanding of how local authority child care departments operate which gives her clients a considerable advantage, whether she is acting for or against a local authority.
- A local authority v B : Representing local authority in a case of infant death and application for placement order for sibling. Complex case involving examination of medical records and post mortem results, with outcome changing expert evidence being obtained from the USA.
- A local authority v C : Representing the children in case of multi-generational sexual and physical abuse in a 10 day case involving several experts and three generations of family witnesses. Additional findings sought on behalf of the guardian and made.
- A local authority v H : Representing mother with chronic alcohol and substance abuse problems. Successfully argued that court should not rely on testing results of the last six months and that mother should be given a chance to prove abstinence using the innovative SCRAM device. Application for placement order (adoption) withdrawn and child remained with mother.
- A local authority v D : Representing father in case where child had a number of additional needs and father had not had the opportunity to learn properly how to meet those needs. Argued successfully that local authority evidence did not meet the new evidential requirements and adjournment and further investigation required. Case concluded with child being placed with father under a Supervision Order.
- A local authority v G : Representing local authority in case of multi-generational sexual, physical and emotional abuse with both historic and current allegations. This was a complex case requiring forensic analysis of multiple sources of evidence and questioning of several family members. Findings made on all threshold issues and care and placement orders made.
Julie Stather speaks to delegates at Sussex Dispute Resolution Day about Child Arbitration - Jun 2019
An endorsement for arbitration from Mr Justice Moor in CM v CM - Mar 2019
Julie Stather appears in a secure accommodation case at the Royal Courts of Justice in London - Mar 2019
1COR speak at the annual Thames Valley Family Lawyer’s Society Seminar - Mar 2019
Children Arbitration: A guide for solicitors - Mar 2019
Julie Stather considers the future of arbitration in family proceedings on Family Law Week - Feb 2019
Enhancing the rights of grandchildren to see their grandparents - Jun 2018
Chambers are delighted to welcome Julie Stather and Rebecca Davies as new tenants - Jan 2018