Darren Howe KC becomes a Family Law Arbitrator - May 2023
Children (Private Law)
Darren specialises in representing parents and children in cases involving proven or alleged parental alienation. He is extremely familiar with how such cases should be managed by the court, given the unusual features of these cases that require the court to think ‘out of the box’ to achieve the best result of the child.
Darren is instructed in international child abduction cases, high conflict residence cases, internal and international relocation cases and applications for parental orders.
- SAB (A Child)  EWHC 385 (Fam):Court made an order for the biological father of a child living with a same sex couple to spend time with the child against the wishes of the biological mother and her civil partner.
- Re D  EWHC 2376 (Fam):High Court provided guidance as to how safeguarding checks should be undertaken in private law proceedings.
- Re S (Parental Order)  1 FLR 1156:Case involving the court making a parental order having approved payments made under a commercial surrogacy arrangement in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Re G (Surrogacy: Foreign Domicile)  1 FLR 1047:Case defining how surrogacy cases involving parents not resident in England should be managed.
- Re M (Children)  All ER (D) 46:Successful appeal to the Court of Appeal against the limitation of a child’s holiday with a non-resident parent.
Darren Howe QC and Hope Spalding: The ABE Guidelines 2022 – What’s changed, what’s not and what’s new - May 2022
Tune in for our webinar on ‘Special Measures and Vulnerable Witnesses’ - Mar 2022
1 Crown Office Row Supports the Sussex Family Justice Board Annual Training Day event on 13 November 2021 - Nov 2021
We are delighted to announce that Darren Howe QC has joined our Family Law Team - Oct 2021