Children (Public Law)
In public law Clare has dealt with a number of complex cases including:
- Complex Fact-Finding hearings
- Contested Final hearings
- Applications for ICO/EPO/Secure Accommodation
- Suspected Non-Accidental Injury;
- Physical and sexual abuse;
- Cases of Chronic Neglect;
- Cases of suspected FII
- Serious domestic abuse/violence;
- Cases with international/cultural/jurisdictional elements
- Cases with suspected honor-based violence
- Cases involving wider immigration issues
- Cases where the Official Solicitor has been appointed
- Representing Grandparents and SGO holders in care/private law proceedings
- Representation of parents with learning difficulties/complex needs/vulnerabilities
- Appeals from first instance decisions
- A Local Authority v B & I (2017): Representing Local Authority in case concerning suspected FII.
- A Local Authority v C & C (2017): Representing father in case concerning allegations of sexual abuse.
- A Local Authority v J (2017): Representing a father in second set of care proceedings with LA seeking removal of child from Father’s care.
- A Local Authority v J (2017): Representation of the child via the children’s Guardian in care proceedings concerning possible international placement.
- S v S (2017): Argued for a cross non-molestation order to be made in favour of a father in a private law contact case where both parents were alleging domestic abuse.
- W v W (2017): Acting for a father in a case where all contact had broken down and where the mother sought to frustrate contact at each hearing. Argued successfully for a 16.4 Guardian to be appointed.
- P v P (2017): Acting for a mother in a contact case where there have been allegations of Honour-based violence.
- L v H (2016): Acting for Mother in residence dispute with ISW report. Argued for child to live with the mother and secured favourable order against hostile father.
- S v A (2016): Acting for a mother against a father seeking contact from prison.
- L v C (2016): Acting for Special Guardians in an application by birth parent for contact.
- Local Authority v P & G (2016): Fact-finding hearing into suspected NAI with child sustaining ALTE injury, bruising and suspected strangulation marks.
- Local Authority v G (2015): Application during care proceedings for permission not to give father notice of the proceedings due to risk of violence towards mother and child.
- Local Authority v D (2014): Fact-Finding hearing into suspected NAI. Child sustaining injuries to the face. Issue as to causation.
- L v L (2013): Successfully defended a father against allegations of sexual abuse. Findings made that the allegations had been fabricated by the Mother in order to frustrate contact.
- Re W (A Child)  EWCA Civ 106;  2 F.L.R. 240: Acting for the father before the President of the Family Division in a case concerning separation under an Interim Care Order.
Clare Ciborowska writes about Dignity, Fairness, Equality, Respect and Independence in the Family Law Journal - Aug 2019
Join 1COR and East Sussex YRes with GoodLaw Solicitors for a Seminar on ‘Finance and Children’ - Jun 2019
Clare Ciborowska gives insight into coercive control in private law proceedings in the Family Law Journal - May 2019
International Women’s Day: Clare Ciborowska & Pegah Sharghy reflect on life at the Bar - Mar 2019
Clare Ciborowska on Domestic Abuse: Coercive Control - Oct 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 43: Coercive and controlling behaviour as applied in the family courts - Oct 2018
Clare Ciborowska succeeds in Appeal of findings made at a private law (children) final hearing - Sep 2018
Clare Ciborowska and Kirsten Japp talk with Worthing Law Society about domestic abuse cases - Sep 2018
Clare Ciborowska succeeds in complex fact-finding hearing in a private law case concerning allegations of coercive control - Aug 2018
Martin Downs and Clare Ciborowska in case concerning placement of a child in The Gambia - Feb 2018
Clare Ciborowska and Christopher Rice successfully challenge a care plan for adoption - Jun 2017
Richard Ager and Clare Ciborowska appointed as Associates of the University of Sussex - Mar 2015
Clare Ciborowska’s Commentary on an Alternative Dispute Resolution Conference in Singapore - Dec 2012
Clare Ciborowska and Catriona Murdoch secure funding to attend International Legal Conferences - Sep 2012
Re J (A Child: Disclosure)  EWCA Civ 120: Sexual Abuse Allegations and Disclosure - Sep 2012
The role of Litigants in Person in the courts and the wider implications for family lawyers - Jul 2012
Family Law without the Lawyers? McKenzie Friends, Litigants in person and funding expert reports Seminar - Jun 2012
Luisa Morelli and Clare Ciborowska appear before the Court of Appeal - Dec 2011