We are looking forward to hearing Paul Ashwell and Kate Richmond provide an update on contractual topics and civil procedures at 5 pm in chambers today. We look forward to seeing you there!
Paul Ashwell will be speaking about recent Supreme Court decisions on contractual topics:
- negotiating (Wrotham Park) damages – Morris-Garner v One Step Ltd.
- no oral variation provisions – Rock Advertising v MWB Business Exchange Centres.
- interpretation – Wood v Capita.
Kate Richmond will be providing a civil procedural update considering cases about the following:
- Whether there is a power to vary undertakings – Birch v Birch  UKSC 53.
- Evidence for adjournments on medical grounds – Simou v Salliss & another  EWCA Civ 312.
- Costs consequences of refusal to mediate – Gore v Naheed & another  EWCA Civ 369.
- The court’s approach to pre-action disclosure – Peel Port Shareholder Finance Company Ltd v Dornoch Ltd  EWHC 876.
- Effective service of a claim & the interplay between CPR 6.14 & 7.5 – Jones v Chichester Harbour Conservancy & others  EWHC 2270 (QB).