No other set of chambers has greater breadth or depth of experience in health law.
The range of work covers not only Clinical Negligence and Inquests and Coroners (see separate areas of law), but also:
• Pharmaceutical and other medical product liability
• Mental health law, both before the MHRT and on judicial reviews of its decisions
• Medical tribunal work (see also Professional Discipline and Employment areas of law)
• Cases involving ethical questions such as consent to treatment
• Cases involving questions of confidentiality
• Hospital closure challenges
• Access to specific treatments or drugs under the NHS, and challenges to their refusal
• Challenges to contractual terms imposed on GPs and dentists
In support of this practice area, we have a 24-hour emergency service to address such urgent matters as consent for treatment and injunctions concerning access to hospitals e.g. to protect hospital or healthcare staff.
Download brochure version